Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Jolie, Brolin, Norton and 'G.I. Joe' in Today's Casting Bites

As I said in my intro to RopeofSilicon 3.0 I am going to be cutting back on all the casting articles, but when four rather interesting updates are announced as they are today who would I be not to inform?

First off, Angelina Jolie is going to take on a rather interesting film for Paramount Pictures based on the life of intelligence operative Kathi Lynn Austin. Austin's life of arms trafficking and terrorism will serve as the inspiration for an action/thriller for Jolie. Variety reports that Austin, who has most recently worked on contract for the U.N. Security Council, has undertaken field missions in Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia and Central America. The drama will focus on a fictional arms dealer inspired by Victor Bout, the shadowy Russian who is considered one of the world's most prolific dealers in illegal munitions.

The real kicker to this story is that they are looking at it in terms of a franchise for Jolie. I am thinking it sounds something like a Bourne series just with a female protag, which sounds great to me. Goal is to get started on a script as soon as the strike ends.

news source : http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/

No comments: