Monday, December 17, 2007

Jolie 'would not knowingly adopt a non-orphan'

Angelina Jolie would have never adopted her Ethiopian daughter Zahara if she had known her mother was alive, according to the actress' brother. James Haven insists his superstar sister was unaware Zahara's birth mother Mentewab Dawit Lebiso was still alive when she adopted the child in 2005 - because paperwork stated the girl was an orphan.

And Jolie would have adopted another child if she had been made aware Lebiso was not dead, her brother says. Haven tells British magazine Grazia: "Angelina has a rule that she adopts children only when they are orphans. I think adoption becomes complicated whenever the biological parents are alive."

Lebiso recently dismissed reports she wanted her child back, insisting she is glad Zahara is growing up in the care of Jolie and her partner Brad Pitt. Lebiso said: "I have never disputed the adoption… I have no ill feelings towards her (Jolie). I think my daughter is a very fortunate human being to be adopted by a world-famous lady. I wish them all the success they both deserve.

news source : http://breakingnews.iol.ie/

No comments: